Download Links for Update files: Dropbox Link
NOTE: App update 4.4 added the option to run all updates “OTA” or over Wi-Fi for all GEN IV LinksWell radios. – Settings Guide
Update Instructions over USB:
- Download the “GENIV_F-Series_APP.zip” file from the link above.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your computer’s hard drive.
- Format a USB drive to be sure that it is empty, then open the folder titled “GENIV_F-Series_APP” and copy the one file inside titled “px6.zip” to the root of the USB.
- Take the USB to the truck, turn the truck on and allow the system to boot up.
- If inserted, remove all other USB devices.
- Once the unit is booted up, plug the USB drive directly into one of the USB inputs.
- The system should recognize the update file and pop up an alert asking if you want to run the update.
- Press yes and allow the update to run.
- Once the update is finished, you should see some text on screen to “Unplug the USB Disk.” Unplug the USB Flash Drive, and allow the system to reboot.
- Allow the system to reboot completely.
Video Instructions for Update:
How to Update over WiFi:
UPDATING OVER WIFI REQUIRES APP UPDATE 4.4, WHICH CAN BE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
ALL FIRMWARE UPDATES REQUIRE A FORMATTED USB STICK AND ACCESS TO A COMPUTER. IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT IN YOUR ABILITIES TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, PLEASE SEE AN AUTHORIZED LINKSWELL DEALER.
ALL UPDATES ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND REQUIRE THAT YOU UNPLUG ALL ACCESSORIES CURRENTLY PLUGGED INTO ALL USB JACKS, INCLUDING THE WHITE CARPLAY DONGLE & DVR CAMERA.
ALL UPDATES SHOULD BE DONE WITH KEY IN “IGNITION” POSITION OR WITH VEHICLE RUNNING.